Friday, June 18, 2010

The Addict



She might only be 3 years old, but Stella has an addiction problem. For anyone who knows her well, you knows exactly what I am talk about. She is addicted to the nuk. I relate it to a drug or cigarette addiction. When she wants it and can't have it she literally loses her mind. She will scream and cry and doesn't even know what to do with herself, it's like withdrawal. When she eats she will often stop eating to take what I call a "nuk break" much like a smoke break she will stop eating, stuck on her nuk for a while and then continue eating. Her mood also completely changes when she does get it, she can go from inconsolable to completely calm in a matter of seconds, you can see the change in her eyes. A lot of people give us flack about her being 3 and still having it. Our reply "you try to take it from her and you deal with her." It's not a fight that I want to fight at this point. And, I figure no boy will want to date her when she is 15 and still has a nuk so it's ok by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment