Thursday, April 23, 2009

My little brother, the baker

Here is another example of how I fall below average on the housewife scale:

My brother Adam is 3 years younger than me. Our family is very close and I am lucky enough to see him at least every other week. He has always been the "smart" one. Not that I am dumb, I mean I did graduate college with honors, but he is super smart and in ways I'm not. And not only is he smart but he is a amazing baker.

It is no wonder that I have insecurity issues when it comes to being a housewife because I seem to come from this family of highly gifted male cooks. Today my brother took off of work so he could bake pies at my parents house. He has been baking these pie for probably the last decade. Every holiday we beg him to make his carmel apple pies. Oh did I mention he makes them from scratch?! Yeah he makes them from scratch, he cuts up the apples and most importantly makes the carmel from scratch! They are amazing and he recently sold 4 of them at a silent auction for $24 a piece! So he took off of work today so he could make the pies for people that won them in the auction. I am not complaining because I get to reap the benefits when he makes them for us but his great baking skills does not help my case. I actually hurts me by making my attempts at baking which consists of puppy chow, rice crispy treats, and box cake look pathetic. I am the oldest child and the only girl and no one is ever begging me to make a dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment