Friday, April 24, 2009

The Topless Dancer

Our daughter Stella will be 2, June 2nd. Besides being the love of our lives she is also our constant entertainment. I grew up dancing my whole life so of course I secretly wished that if I ever had a daughter that she might enjoy it too. I would never have pushed her if she didn't like to dance but lucky for me she is already a natural born dancer. She dances ALL the time, to songs, commercials, and even people's cell phone rings. And I do have to say she has some pretty good moves and she is very serious about it. In the last couple of days however she seems to have taken her dancing to a different level and one that we think we should maybe be concerned about. Recently when she is very serious about the dance she takes her shirt off and refuses to cover up! Last night she danced around the house for close to 20 minutes topless. We tell her she needs to cover up and she just screams "NO" and continues on with her show. At one point she even started rubbing her belly and I think attempted a belly roll. Her favorite songs at this time is "Single Ladies" by Beyonce, she even requests it saying "mommy, oh oh ohhh" and also "I like to move it" by Will. I. Am. Dan and I always wished that our kids would love to dance. We dance all the time and I think our dancing when I was pregnant must have rubbed of on the developing fetus. As for our topless dancer, I don't think we are going to force her to keep her clothes on at this time (when we are at home at least) as I feel as though she should be able to express herself freely, however if she keeps this up for several years we might have to reevaluate the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment