Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Washing Machine

When I was 8 months pregant we bought a brand new front loading washer. I thought this would help me want to do the laundry more. It worked at first, I was doing well keeping up with the laundry until about a years later. Almost every time I would do a load of laundry water would leak out the bottom. I didn't think this was normal but I am also not the Maytag man so I told my husband "the washing is leaking" and decided my work was done. Well, he did nothing about it so I stopped doing laundry. It would get to the point where I had to where my old bikini bottoms becuase I had run out of clean underwear and Stella was wearing all mismatched pajamas, it would be then that I would cave and do a load.

One day my mom came over to watch Stella for a little bit, the next morning she called me and announced "I'm coming to get all your dirty laundry." I didn't want to do it but I knew I needed help so we packed her huge SUV with all three of our entire wardrobes and drove away. It took her two days of constantly doing laundry to finish it all.

In my defense I do not feel like this is entirely my fault. I repeatedly told my husband we needed to get the washer fixed and he did nothing about it. Finally when my mom took all our clothes away he decided to get it fixed. It has been several months and I am proud to say I have kept up with the laundry and have not worn my bikini bottoms as underwear lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment