Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree

I often say that I don't think that Stella got any of my genes. Somehow when she was conceived two of Dan's little swimmer must have joined and made her and I was just the housing unit. She looks like him, acts like him, and is completely in love with him. Tonight however she said something that was so like me that it gave me hope that she is in fact my child.

When Dan was laying in bed with her tonight he asked her what she wants to be when she grows up. "A married girl" was her reply. A huge smile came to my face when I heard this, the reason being that if you would have asked me the same question when I was her age that is exactly what I would have said. My mom likes to tell the story of my first day at K-4. I got off the bus after my first day of school and my mom asked me how my day was. My exact response was "there is the cutest little boy and his name is Chad." I would dream about being a wife and mom, I would even pretend to nurse my cabbage patch kids (a little freaky I know). Don't get me wrong, I don't want Stella to be boy crazy or for her value to come from what boys think of her. We will raise her to be a self thinking, strong, intelligent woman but I do know her heart because it's the same that mine always was, even from a young age. It's the heart of a wife and mother, it's something that we were born with and I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment