Monday, July 5, 2010

Really Girls?

I didn’t get the memo boy shorts disguised as jean shorts were the new staple for young girls. I was made highly aware of this new trend this holiday weekend. I don’t even know where to start with this whole situation so let me just start by trying to explain what I am talking about. These shorts are the tiniest things I have ever seen; they can’t have real pockets because if they did the pocket would hang at least 5 inches longer than where the shorts end. .I honestly think you should have to be 18 to purchase them since when you where them you are pretty much soliciting one thing. I am totally disgusted by them. Sure these young girls are skinny and tan and have great bodies but they are girls, not women! I saw at least a couple of girls whose butt cheeks were hanging out the bottom of the shorts, that’s how short they are! Do these girls not understand that they are completely devaluing themselves? When you wear clothes like that you are sending one message very loud and clear to boys. Where are their parents? I can tell you one thing, there is no way my daughter will ever wear something like that, she will be raised to have more respect for herself and us to want to convey herself in that way. And I will never allow my son to date a girl like that; I want him to date a girl who has value and substance not a girl who wants guys to look at her for one reason only.

3 comments:

  1. I have thought that since I was in high school and these "trends" started. I feel so bad for these girls because I think that this is the only way they feel that they have value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know....I see these girls here in Chicago wear them all the time! I mean ok its their parents that are buying them because these girls are too young to work! Yes Addy will not be dressing that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree completely. I love your blog by the way - ran across it for the first time today and it is definitely a favorite!

    ReplyDelete